2020 Toronto Zoo Scenic Safari Drive-Thru (4K)
25-May-2020 08:00 AM
May 2020. Spring is raging. Everything around is blooming and fragrant. But the terrible virus COVID-19 has taken over the world. The invisible enemy holds everyone in quarantine. Life has turned into episodes of a fantastic apocalypse. Everyone has only one desire - to get rid of fear for themselves, their families, friends and acquaintances, and ...
COVID-19 City of Toronto statement on Trinity Bellwoods
24-May-2020 08:00 AM
Images today of thousands of people gathered in Trinity Bellwoods Park were unacceptable. Gatherings like this, where people aren’t keeping their distance from others, run the risk of setting Toronto back significantly in its efforts to stop the transmission of COVID-19. More than 700 people from Toronto have tragically lost their lives due to ...
2020 Toronto Zoo Walkthrough. Beautiful Spring
20-May-2020 08:23 AM
Spring is one of the best seasons to visit the zoo. Nature wakes up, and along with it, animals and birds return outside from closed pavilions. ...
2020 Toronto Zoo. Playful Grizzly Bear
17-May-2020 01:35 PM
Meet Toronto Zoo Grizzly Bears, the second largest North American land carnivores. Enjoy beautiful summer day and cheerful bear eats carrots and plays with toy balls in a pond. ...
2020 Toronto Zoo. Playful Baby Giraffe (4K, images)
15-May-2020 08:00 AM
Meet Toronto Zoo baby giraffe plays with ducks on a grass in a sunny summer day. ...
COVID-19 City of Toronto and partners open second COVID-19 recovery site for homeless
07-May-2020 08:00 AM
As part of the City of Toronto's comprehensive three tier response to COVID-19 for people experiencing homelessness, a second recovery program will open this week and enhanced PPE measures will be in place across the shelter system. A second COVID-19 recovery site will open on Friday for individuals experiencing homelessness who are COVID-19 ...
COVID-19 Ontario Further Eases Restrictions on Retail Stores and Essential Construction
06-May-2020 04:24 PM
- Retailers to follow health and safety guidelines. - The Ontario government is allowing all retail stores with a street entrance to provide curbside pickup and delivery, as well as in-store payment and purchases at garden centres, nurseries, hardware stores and safety supply stores. The business owners should review the health and safety ...
Homeowners urged to protect properties from wildfire
03-May-2020 06:22 PM
- Coalition of non-profits, provincial/territorial governments and The Co-operators support Canada-wide action to make properties and communities FireSmart®. - While Canadians are doing things differently this spring and summer, the threat of wildfire is constant. FireSmart Canada and its partners will recognize Wildfire Community Preparedness ...
COVID-19 May 3 IS World Press Freedom Day
03-May-2020 04:11 PM
On May 3, World Press Freedom Day, Journalists for Human Rights Announces Efforts to Battle Misinformation Globally on COVID-19 . - Journalists for Human Rights is pivoting its resources to combat global misinformation on COVID-19. Building on the success of its Canadian misinformation training seminars, and supported by Global Affairs Canada, ...
Increase in phishing: Videotron urges caution
03-May-2020 02:23 PM
In recent weeks, Videotron has seen an increase in phishing attempts related to COVID-19. Québec's telecommunications leader advises the public to exercise caution in order to avoid falling prey to schemes to extract personal information. "Unfortunately, fraudsters are trying to take advantage of the current situation to gain access to Quebecers' ...
Canadian Employees Share Views on Current and Post-Pandemic Workplace
03-May-2020 12:00 PM
- 55% of office professionals who transitioned to a remote setup say they have better work-life balance, according to new Robert Half research. - 74% of workers would like to telecommute more often when physical distancing restrictions lift. - 72% of employees say they will rethink shaking hands with business contacts. - Professionals in Canada ...
COVID-19 TM7 launches www.alignify.app - a social distancing app
03-May-2020 10:12 AM
- TM7 launches www.alignify.app - a social distancing app to help people & stores stay safe during COVID-19. - TM7 today launched www.alignify.app to help keep people safe by further practicing social distancing during the COVID-19 crisis. The new alignify mobile app was created to make it easy for people to virtually line up at their favorite ...
COVID-19 The new job app keeping the supply chain industry moving during pandemic
03-May-2020 08:00 AM
COVID-19 has caused a number of challenges for businesses around the world - but hiring reliable workers fast isn't one of them thanks to a new job platform. Challenges, both logistically and financially, mean that businesses now, more than ever, need a streamlined system to hire staff quickly to fill the gaps due to sickness or meet an increased ...
Vision Health and Covid-19 Update from the Canadian Ophthalmological Society
02-May-2020 03:10 PM
May is vision health month and the Canadian Ophthalmological Society would like to remind you of some important information about your eyes and COVID-19. - Avoid touching your eyes – We can't stress this enough. Washing your hands, coughing into your elbow, and keeping your hands away from your face and eyes is the single biggest factor to ...
COVID-19 Bank of Canada must "keep innovating" beyond pandemic: think tank
01-May-2020 12:00 PM
The Bank of Canada (BoC) must "keep innovating" to help governments support jobs, protect public services, and address critical spending challenges through the COVID-19 era and beyond, says a new policy paper from the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives. "The Bank of Canada's current bond-buying program has made it possible for the federal ...
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) and the Toronto Airport Workers' Council (TAWC) release statement on joint effo
01-May-2020 10:24 AM
- The GTAA and TAWC reaffirm their commitment to working together on efforts related to health, safety and workforce recovery at Toronto Pearson. - The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) and Toronto Airport Workers' Council (TAWC) held a meeting on April 28, 2020 to discuss the impacts of COVID-19 on Toronto Pearson International Airport. ...
Teva Canada announces the launch of AJOVY™ for the preventive treatment of migraine in adults
30-Apr-2020 04:16 PM
- Teva Canada announces the launch of AJOVY™ for the preventive treatment of migraine in adults who have at least four migraine days per month. - AJOVYTM is the first and only anti-CGRP treatment with both quarterly and monthly dosing for the preventive treatment of migraine in adults. - AJOVYTM has been studied in patients with chronic or ...
Roots Donates $500,000 in Products to Frontline Healthcare Workers
30-Apr-2020 02:12 PM
- Roots Donates $500,000 in Products to Frontline Healthcare Workers; Repurposes its Canadian Factory to Produce Non-Medical Masks; and Donates Medical-Grade Masks. - Company gives back to the local healthcare community through the comfort of its products and by leveraging its Canadian design and manufacturing capabilities. - Roots, the premium ...
COVID-19Statistics Canada Release Results of Business Survey on the Impacts of the COVID-1
30-Apr-2020 12:00 PM
- Statistics Canada and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce Release Results of Business Survey on the Impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic. - Statistics Canada officially released data collected through the Canadian Survey on Business Conditions (CSBC) regarding the impact of COVID-19 on businesses on issues such as revenues, employees and the workplace, ...
H&M Canada Provides Three Hundred Thousand Dollars of Product to Women's Shelters Canada for Those Vulnerable to COVID-19
30-Apr-2020 10:15 AM
- H&M Canada is partnering with Women's Shelters Canada to provide over 20,000 garments across the country.. - H&M cares about the health and wellbeing of not only its customers and colleagues, but the community at large, especially those affected by the current pandemic. To continue our strong partnership with Women's Shelters Canada, H&M Canada ...
Quebecor launches movement to support Québec culture
30-Apr-2020 09:20 AM
- Initiative will revolve around hashtag #culturedici. - As Québec gears up to reopen its economy, Quebecor, a Canadian leader in telecommunications, entertainment, news media and culture, is launching a movement to engage with and support the makers and shapers of our culture and cultural businesses, who have been hard hit by the COVID-19 crisis. ...
COVID-19 Canada's nuclear industry rallies together in fight against COVID-19
30-Apr-2020 08:00 AM
- Redeploys innovation facilities, equipment and brainpower to help support local communities; Expands production of isotopes to sterilize medical equipment. - Redeploying 3-D printers to produce face shields; supplying isotopes to help sterilize critical medical equipment; donating more than 2.1 million pieces of personal equipment to frontline ...
HempFusion® Is Proud to Donate to Frontline Heroes in New York City
29-Apr-2020 08:02 PM
HempFusion®, a leading CBD and dietary supplements Company is pleased to announce, in partnership with Verdant Oasis, the donation of 1,000 bottles of HempFusion's Stress CBD Capsules formulated with ashwagandha, a unique botanical scientifically studied to support the body during occasional stress to front line workers in New York City. "This ...
COVID-19 IBM and City of Markham launch online and telephone virtual agent for questions r
29-Apr-2020 06:11 PM
- New innovative service uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to provide an enhanced user experience and keep residents safe during the global pandemic. - In a Canadian first, IBM and the City of Markham – Canada's high-tech capital – are using the artificial intelligence-driven virtual agent "IBM Watson Assistant for Citizens" ...